Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I have never received any, probably because I've turned off the option in my preferences. If you don't want them, why don't you do the same?

Edit: ninja'd.

B

Bitmap

Because they're turned on in the auto settings and it's annoying to turn them off again. But yeah, I figured that's what you have to do if you don't want to receive any notifications anymore.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Okay, email should be fixed and working "rather" fast now ( @Pacifica etc.).

It is [email protected]

The SEARCH FUNCTION should be now also fully functioning, even to the deep deep past.
(I even found my embarrassing first post with it for where I also reported Bitmap right after our altercation because I thought he mistreated me, lol xD But he gave me an awesome informative reply then, though!)

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Christmas is over, and the Xmas decorations have been taken down on the forum; you may feel relieved or melancholic. I think this happened around NYD.

Except on Schopenhauer's thread, started yesterday, after they'd all vanished.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Am I the only person who sees decorations on this thread? Am I going mad? If I am, why am I not getting more interesting hallucinations?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

But -- how? Why would a single thread started after the decorations were scrapped independently acquire them?

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, but let that not stop me from expressing an opinion... I'd guess that there are more patches and bits added on here and there, on an ad hoc basis and in eclectic style, than in the electrical system of a Celtic Tiger town in Ireland. And I do know what I'm talking about there!

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

There are 3 areas where I can apply it. 1 master area which should override the other 2. I kind of had that update in all 3... since it was late and I was confused. Then I removed it from the master area, which removed it from everywhere... but that one thread. Why? No idea, some sort of bug. But once I affected the other areas too, it was solved.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

And yet that thread hadn't been created when you removed the seasonal trimmings.

Anyone remember the occasions a post has appeared with the time given not as 'X minutes ago', but 'in a moment'? I think there's some wrinkle-in-time stuff going on with this forum.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

I realize this sounds silly, but I never realized that you after you push the PrintScreen button, you can go right away to the "Send Reply" window and push CTRL+V... and it "uploads" itself automatically. No other steps.*

*if you want an extra step for a smaller slice of the screen, you can go to MsPaint, paste it there, then select a small area, click CTRL+C, then go to the Send Reply window here and push CTRL+V

Btw. if you're going to try it, delete the post then again, we don't want to multiply the attachments just for testing purposes.

B

Bitmap

I realize this sounds silly, but I never realized that you after you push the PrintScreen button, you can go right away to the "Send Reply" window and push CTRL+V... and it "uploads" itself automatically. No other steps.*
That works on most modern sites (also on twitter for example)

*if you want an extra step for a smaller slice of the screen, you can go to MsPaint, paste it there, then select a small area, click CTRL+C, then go to the Send Reply window here and push CTRL+V
Don't know about other browsers ... on Opera, you can just cut out stuff from your browser window and paste it conveniently.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I got this:

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] User latindco_latinxf already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

1. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 28
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 60
  3. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 113
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 516
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 494
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  7. XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 83
  8. XF\DataRegistry->get() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 226
  9. XF\DataRegistry->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 1644
  10. XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
  11. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2158
  12. XF\App->setupAddOnComposerAutoload() in src/XF/App.php at line 1743
  13. XF\App->setup() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 89
  14. XF\Pub\App->setup() in src/XF.php at line 363
  15. XF::setupApp() in src/XF.php at line 386
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Then both the .org and .com domains remained inaccessible for a few minutes. Now I've just been able to log in to the .com, but the .org still doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.