Ganellus SSM. Liber 2 Folio 11.

Rufus Coppertop

Civis

• Civis

Something in L1 F 28 is bothering me. I can't find a match in Capelli. Can anyone identify this? I've highlighted it.

It looks like an R with a little u superscribed.

Et per nomina eiusdem solis ( ??? ) signorum huius tempore secundae de die, Abhamos.

And by the names of the signs of the sun itself ( ??? ) of the second season by day, Abhamos.

Could it be 'rectorum'?

Et per nomina eiusdem solis rectorum signorum huius tempore secunde de die.....

and by the names of the rulers of the signs of the sun itself of the second season by day.....?

Attachments

Last edited:

Rufus Coppertop

Civis

• Civis

I couldn't see an exact match in Capelli for R with a superscript brevigraph U. Just an A.

Regula is pretty tempting but in classical Latin at least, it seems to be a feminine noun with connotations of ruler as in 'straight-edged measuring thingy' rather than 'bloke/angel/spirit who rules stuff'.

Rufus Coppertop

Civis

• Civis

I appreciate the fact that you took the trouble but I'm not sure it's the abbreviation I'm looking for. I found another example of it, this time with the 3 added and dots on either side. I can't find that in Capelli either. Someone I'm working with has suggested 'respondere' but I'm not really satisfied with that either.

I think regulus works. Many thanks.

Attachments

Last edited: