French

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

And it confirms what I thought: the fact that our ears are now fairly accustomed to Autotuned vocals makes it easier for AI to sound like human singers: Autotune brings humans closer to machines, so in turn and somewhat paradoxically, machines closer to humans.

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Pretty impressive indeed! I didn't know Suno.

Is that the original text verbatim, or did Suno modify it in some way?
No that’se the original word for word. I’ve noticed two spots with messed up transitions between words but most of it is remarkably smooth, I have done nothing to adapt the text. Actually I didn’t even ask for a specific musical style. Suno went for this maybe because of the length of the sentences?

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

And it confirms what I thought: the fact that our ears are now fairly accustomed to Autotuned vocals makes it easier for AI to sound like human singers: Autotune brings humans closer to machines, so in turn and somewhat paradoxically, machines closer to humans.
And even more paradoxically it shows how much hip hop singers are close to Rousseau in their mindset :D

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

And even more paradoxically it shows how much hip hop singers are close to Rousseau in their mindset :D
The lyrical style and maybe even the flow reminded me a bit of Keny Arkana.

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Well, and I mean the contents of the lyrics. What you said about frustration with mankind fits her works rather well.

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The lyrical style and maybe even the flow reminded me a bit of Keny Arkana.
I’m curious, do you have a specific song in mind?

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The metal one is rather good, but the "nostalgic downtempo" one isn't my cup of tea at all.

Also, contrary to the earlier rap one, something's a little wrong with them. Not hugely so, but the melodies and more importantly the chord progressions (i.e. the harmony) are... not optimal, let's say. Again, not really shocking, but most composers who dabble in those styles would have made them a little better I think. It's like they don't have a real purpose -- at times, that is; for the most part it works quite well.

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The metal one is rather good, but the "nostalgic downtempo" one isn't my cup of tea at all.

Also, contrary to the earlier rap one, something's a little wrong with them. Not hugely so, but the melodies and more importantly the chord progressions (i.e. the harmony) are... not optimal, let's say. Again, not really shocking, but most composers who dabble in those styles would have made them a little better I think. It's like they don't have a real purpose -- at times, that is; for the most part it works quite well.
That may be due to the length of the texts, because it only allows you 2 verses and a chorus, after which you need to create additional separate segments which then get attached to the main part. So it probably sounds like a weird patchwork with no palpable progression. But apparently it’s something you can get around when you really know how to use the app, which is not my case (I found out about it only yesterday!).

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

That may be due to the length of the texts, because it only allows you 2 verses and a chorus, after which you need to create additional separate segments which then get attached to the main part. So it probably sounds like a weird patchwork with no palpable progression. But apparently it’s something you can get around when you really know how to use the app, which is not my case (I found out about it only yesterday!).
Interesting. It may help explaining it, although maybe not all of it. The word stuff tends to happen within sections, e.g. ending a section on a weird chord that doesn't bring full harmonic resolution.

Clemens

Aedilis

• Aedilis

How might a contemporary writer have put it? Maybe something like:

Plusieurs autres ruisseaux, en plusieurs endroits, la baignent de leurs ondes claires. L'un des plus beaux est Lignon. Le cours de ce dernier est vagabond et nul ne sait avec certitude où s'en trouve la source. Il serpente par cette plaine depuis les hautes montagnes de Cervières et de Chalmazel jusqu'à Feurs. Là, il conflue avec la Loire, qui lui fait perdre son nom propre et l'emporte vers l'océan.

Which version do you think is more elegant?
I've been thinking about this a lot more lately, because my book club invariably chooses new books, or at least less than 15 years old, and while my interest in the plots of these books varies, I find almost all of them to be a boringly-written series of terse, bare sentences. I'm not suggesting that d'Urfé is a self-conscious master of prose either, because his paragraph-long sentences with multiple subordinate clauses, digressions, and participial phrases can themselves get monotonous in their rhythm, but if I had to choose between monotonies I'd take his monotony of exuberance over a monotony of spareness.

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

(I presume it is build on Deus in Machina.)
Maybe the people who came up with the exhibition's name also thought of that, but diabolus in musica is a common way to refer to the tritone, an interval that considered dissonant in traditional Western harmony and is made relatively heavy use of in metal, a genre that is also commonly associated with the devil. (But contrary to popular belief, the Church never really proscribed the tritone or associate it with the devil; sure it tended to be avoided, but then again, at some point Western composers avoided pretty much anything that wasn't a major third or a perfect interval.)

Clemens

Aedilis

• Aedilis

Maybe the people who came up with the exhibition's name also thought of that, but diabolus in musica is a common way to refer to the tritone, an interval that considered dissonant in traditional Western harmony and is made relatively heavy use of in metal, a genre that is also commonly associated with the devil. (But contrary to popular belief, the Church never really proscribed the tritone or associate it with the devil; sure it tended to be avoided, but then again, at some point Western composers avoided pretty much anything that wasn't a major third or a perfect interval.)
I think in the organum period even thirds were considered dissonant.