Loqui

jockey

This is somewhat an abstract question. My intention is not to attempt to translate the word 'email' into Latin, but to translate the wide-angled idea of communication, that would encompass the context of emailing me.

For example, in English I would happily use the word 'talk@'. Would its Latin translation 'loqui' be acceptable in this context?

'Message' seemed a little formal and far-fetched, especially as 'epistula' or 'nuntius'.

'Speak', 'contact', even 'communicate' may work.

Another way to ask the question: If there was a website written only in Latin and there was a button at the bottom of the page with a hyperlink to email the author, what would it say?

I realise it may look as though I have just run a few words through Google Translate, I haven't. I've searched through a few of the online Latin dictionaries, tried to gain an understanding of the language, the gender, and find out the context. Please help

jockey

Thank you cinefactus. Given that you stated:

Conloqui Nobiscum
makes me think I'm on the right lines. I suppose I was concerned that loqui may only refer to a verbal method of communcation and simply wouldn't stretch to email communication. It seems like it may? I just wanted an ideally short Latin word as an equivalent to talk for an email address. Would it work?

On an amusing note, I just (incorrectly) entered Conloqui noviscum into an online translation and it came up Talk to the Newbie, which seems aptly appropriate. If you can spare the time then please Conloqui noviscum.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

novis is plural. You can't trust anything Latin related from an online translator.

conloqui should work.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You can't trust anything Latin related from an online translator.
True.

To be fair, here the machine made a valiant and rather creative attempt at guessing what one might have meant by a phrase that was incorrect in the first place. But the attempt would have been more admirable if the plural had been taken into account, and a human Latinist might have figured out that there was a typo. :)