Key Stone Inscription

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The first two lines read anno Dom(ini), "in the year of the Lord", as you've perhaps figured out already. I'm not sure about the last line because it appears very faint, but I think there's Mo, i.e. millesimo, meaning "thousandth". Then there may be a barely discernible V to the right... I'm in doubt. If the last line reads only Mo, the whole means "in the year of the Lord 1000." If it reads Mo V, then it's "in the year of the Lord 1005."

I don't know if you can obtain a clearer picture of that last line. If by any chance you can, please share it.

Cydnidae

The first two lines read anno Dom(ini), "in the year of the Lord", as you've perhaps figured out already. I'm not sure about the last line because it appears very faint, but I think there's Mo, i.e. millesimo, meaning "thousandth". Then there may be a barely discernible V to the right... I'm in doubt. If the last line reads only Mo, the whole means "in the year of the Lord 1000." If it reads Mo V, then it's "in the year of the Lord 1005."

I don't know if you can obtain a clearer picture of that last line. If by any chance you can, please share it.
Thank you for the reply.

I don't have a clearer picture, but I do have a picture taken from the ground looking up at the keystone. (See below). It looks like the last line may actually be 1707 which is when the church was rebuilt. What do you think?

Pic 2.png

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It looks like that could be it.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yep, it must be. Especially if you know that the church was rebuilt in that year.