Katarina

Civis

• Civis

seu maestus omni tempore vixeris
seu te in remoto gramine per dies
festos reclinatum bearis
interiore nota Falerni.

I have problems with understanding that part. What I get is:

Or you "get happy" by Falerian vine on feast days on remote grass.

I don't know what to do with accusative at te reclinatum and I don't know what to do with interiore nota.
My commentary says that interiore refers to innermost part of the cellar where the best wine was stored and that nota refers to the fact that they would write on the bottle the names of consuls of the year in which the wine was stored.
However, every single translation that I came upon translates "old wine" and I don't know where they've got that from.

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

cedes coemptis saltibus et domo
vilaque flavos quam Tiberis lavit.

What flavos pertain to?

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Here I just want to check my theory.

divesne prisco natus ab Inacho
nil interest an pauper et infima
de gente sub divo moreris,
victima nil miserantis Orci.

Morphologically this could be 2. person ind. act. of morior and 2. person subj. act. of moror. If I look at the sintax only the second is possible, since this is "an dependant question"?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

seu maestus omni tempore vixeris
seu te in remoto gramine per dies
festos reclinatum bearis
interiore nota Falerni.

I have problems with understanding that part. What I get is:

Or you "get happy" by Falerian vine on feast days on remote grass.

I don't know what to do with accusative at te reclinatum and I don't know what to do with interiore nota.
My commentary says that interiore refers to innermost part of the cellar where the best wine was stored and that nota refers to the fact that they would write on the bottle the names of consuls of the year in which the wine was stored.
However, every single translation that I came upon translates "old wine" and I don't know where they've got that from.
I'm not sure about the interiore nota thing but te reclinatum is the object of bearis ("whether you make yourself happy...").
cedes coemptis saltibus et domo
vilaque flavos quam Tiberis lavit.

What flavos pertain to?
To Tiberis. Flavos = flavus. At a more archaic stage of the language, second-declension nouns and adjectives used to have o in the ending instead of u, and the older spelling was sometimes maintained after u/v in classical times and beyond (so you find flavos for flavus, servos for servus, etc.).

Morphologically this could be 2. person ind. act. of morior and 2. person subj. act. of moror. If I look at the sintax only the second is possible, since this is "an dependant question"?
Yes, it's from moror.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

My commentary says that interiore refers to innermost part of the cellar where the best wine was stored
I think that is right.

Here's what the Oxford Latin Dictionary says regarding nota:

w.PNG

So interior nota is the "inner label/quality" of wine, that is, the type of wine that is kept in the innermost parts of the cellar.

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

I think that is right.

Here's what the Oxford Latin Dictionary says regarding nota:

View attachment 21328

So interior nota is the "inner label/quality" of wine, that is, the type of wine that is kept in the innermost parts of the cellar.
So interiora nota would be an ablative of quality? - You enjoy yourself by Falernian wine of inner label/quality?

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I would translate as "you enjoy yourself with a treasured label of Falernian" but maybe it's too daring.
It would probably be safer and clearer to say "with a label of Falernian from the innermost cellar".

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

So interiora nota would be an ablative of quality?
No, it's an ablative of means. Remember Falerni is genitive, so it can't itself be the means.
I would translate as "you enjoy yourself with a treasured label of Falernian" but maybe it's too daring.
It would probably be safer and clearer to say "with a label of Falernian from the innermost cellar".
I like both of those translations and I don't think the first one is too daring.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I'm not sure about the interiore nota thing but te reclinatum is the object of bearis ("whether you make yourself happy...").
Also just to be clear, since this confused me for a bit when I was reading the passage, this bearis is syncopated beaveris rather than the passive 2nd sg.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

It's also worth mentioning that the meter dictates that the e in moreris is long, so it must be the moror form.