Hardest text of Familia Romana

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

Which chapter, in the LLPSI Familia Romana, is the hardest of all?

Thanks for your feedback..

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hard to say, but the one I remember having some trouble with was Cap. XVI (Tempestās). I've just re-read it and I can't really tell what parts caused me difficulties back then, but I'd still say this one. All in all, I think the book is so well done that none of the chapters seemed noticeably harder than the previous one except when a new confusing concept was introduced.

Robertus Robotum

I haven't completed the book, but thus far capituli viii and xiii have been the hardest. In capitulo viii there are way too many pronouns introduced. Capitulum xiii is tedious because it is filled with more abstract things pertaining to dates and seasons.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

For me it was capitulum octavum. The whole idea of the ablative of price was not something that my poor head took to at all. Sure, I could understand it and remember it without difficulty, but when reading it was like a speed bump on the road. I'd have to slow down, and think this means X, and it took the fluency out of my reading even at such a simple level. Eventually I got there by what could be called 'brute force association '. I just read it and read it till I didn't have to stop and think any more, but it took a long time.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

I haven't completed the book, but thus far capituli viii and xiii have been the hardest. In capitulo viii there are way too many pronouns introduced. Capitulum xiii is tedious because it is filled with more abstract things pertaining to dates and seasons.
The next class, we had a test on the Roman calendar. We were to convert Gregorian dates to Roman dates and vice-versa.... luckily enough, because I was a geek to Latin, I had perfectly learnt that some day prior to it... That was one thing I completely removed from my mind in the next years, the most useless thing to learn in Latin :D (that is, unless you count knowing that Caesar was assassinated on the Ides of March etc.)

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

minime, apud nos est a.d. xvi Kal. Aug.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

equidem malo Plautinum esse ;) nihilominus nonne Christiano modo est Festum Alexii Confessoris?

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

In capitulo viii there are way too many pronouns introduced.
Yes, all of those forms of quis, qui, is, and ille: I found them easy to read, probably because of previous study, but difficult to master, by which I mean that I would be able to use the proper forms when generating speech or writing.

The whole idea of the ablative of price
is something that I barely noticed when reading, but that, too, is something that tripped me up a little when trying to master the material. Not as much, though, as the pronouns in Cap. VIII.