Born for good deeds

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I can't really say which is "best" -- I think it depends on what nuance you want to express.

Wardog

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I asked for a Latin translation of a phrase that I want to get tattooed, but I'm not sure if the information I got helped me or got me more confused :( Don't get me wrong - I highly appreciate the replies that I got, but Latin seems like a tough language and I want to be sure that I will give the exact translation to the tattoo studio as it will be on me for quite some time :)

So... having that said I would like to ask once again for a translation for "(I was) Born for making/doing good deeds". The idea is that me (the person wearing the tattoo) was born to help others and make good (deeds).

I really hope that someone will be able to help me out so I don't end up having a non-sense on my skin and people, who can read and understand Latin laugh at me!

Thanks a million and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

@Wardog , I hate to tell you this, but essentially the same people tend to answer all these threads. You are unlikely to get any new suggestions.

That being said, the discussion may have been a bit confusing. Here's a summary of the suggestions made:

- Natus ad beneficia = "Born for good deeds."
- Natus ad benefaciendum = "Born for (the act of) good deed-doing".
- Natus ut benefacerem OR Natus ut benefaciam = "(I have been) born in order that I can/might do good deeds." (The two are essentially equivalent, though the former is more common in Latin. But essentially you can pick whichever of the two you prefer the look/sound of.)

You can pick any of the above that you'd like, depending on what exact nuance you want to express.

Last edited: