Music Video ALCOHOLICA INTOXICA INTRA-ANALIS GRAVIS

dumdumdum89

Hello,

I need help translating this phrase, which is the title of an vinyl EP of Finish punk band Attanas. Not sure how Latin proficient they were.

Thank you!!!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hello,

It's pseudo-Latin; it's something about alcoholic intoxication, and hard or heavy intra-anal things - you certainly were able to make this out yourself, but I really couldn't tell what the exact wording was of what they had in mind in Finnish or English or other.... "Heavy intra-anal alcoholic intoxication", maybe...? Whatever that would mean. :confused:

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Yeah, the only two words that exist in classical Latin are gravis and intra. I suspect the intended meaning is what Pacis suggested above... :confused:

Masondeanm

I'm a scrub at Latin, but how about, Inside a big ass by means of alcoholic intoxication? Referring to hooking up with drunk women? I know gravis doesn't actually mean big, but it's sort of close and big would make the most since in this interpretation.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

The Latin phrase isn't grammatically correct (hence "pseudo-Latin") so I suppose it means anything one wants it to, really. Your guess seems as good as any oither.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

We've been here before, but searching doesn't bring the thread up, oddly, although it does show PP's reference to the original question on the Quotations thread, so I didn't just dream it.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Maybe it's a reference to alcohol enemas, or, as the kids charmingly call it, 'butt-chugging'. I have no idea why it became a thing or how common it really is, but apparently a few people have died as a result of the practice so it must be more than mere urban legend fodder.

Hawkwood

• Civis

Maybe it's a reference to alcohol enemas, or, as the kids charmingly call it, 'butt-chugging'. I have no idea why it became a thing or how common it really is, but apparently a few people have died as a result of the practice so it must be more than mere urban legend fodder.
What's wrong with kids these days! Can't they just be normal and simply lick the odd eyeball like the rest of us, they always go too far...