Tattoo "Adversity and existence are one and the same."

CopperHead

Rather simply, the quote (adversity and existence are one and the same) is something that I would like to incorporate into my next tattoo. To feature alongside my own version of the 'iron crown' which represents mental anguish in all its forms

Link to image:
A dedication not to dwell on strife or let it overtake me, that it shall pass in time.

I have had a go with translation myself, but lacking knowledge on the language rules and nuance of certain words or combinations of words and being forced to rely on machine translation, I was not confident in the results.

Also, a side note: I am male. I am unaware if this will make any difference but I know nouns are gendered but not what effect this might have.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I take it that "existence" in this context means "life":

Res adversae et vita unum atque idem est.

Your gender makes no difference (it might if you were mentioned in the sentence but you aren't).

CopperHead

I take it that "existence" in this context means "life":
You are correct. Also, thank you so much for this!

Out of interest, are there more succinct ways to express this sentiment without losing too much of the original quote or becoming too general in meaning?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yes, you could have something like difficultas et vita idem est = "difficulty/trouble and life are the same" or dolor et vita idem est = "pain/suffering and life are the same"...

CopperHead

Awesome! Thanks again for the translation(s). I'll try them all out and see which fits the design best.

Also thank you for clearing up the gender thing for me.