A new word to evoke awareness or sensing of water

pilot1995

I have an idea for a boat name based upon the word 'anesthesia' which seems to mean a lack of feeling or awareness, or loss of sensation. I'm thinking of naming this boat Aqua + esthesia. My quick search shows the root esthesia to be a capacity for sensation or feeling. I'd like the word to evoke an awareness of water or feeling of water. So I'm posting here to see if Aquaesthesia or preferably Aquasthesia will be correctly interpreted. I'm interested if this is not right, are there suggestions for a word that gets at the intended meaning. I wouldn't want to register a boat and change the name on the transom to something with an unintended meaning. I would have posted this in Latin to English translation but the prohibited cobbling together Latin words and asking what they mean is exactly what I'm doing here.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

In a word (or three): haven't a clue. What I will toss into the mix is that you are attempting to cobble together Latin and Greek. I wonder if you would get away with hydroesthesia. Better hang around and see what our savants have to say.

pilot1995

Thank you for that and right you are. I was mixing Latin and Greek. I'm more partial to Aqua so it will be interesting to see what might be suggested.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Hydresthesia was my idea. The o would usually be elided, wouldn't it?
I wondered about that, but I don't know the rules in Greek well enough to say.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The usual rule is that when two vowels run together, the first is elided. There are exceptions in Greek-based English terms like "hydroelectric", though... I don't know if that could also happen in Greek proper. I'm inclined to think not, but I can't swear.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I don't know if that could also happen in Greek proper. I'm inclined to think not, but I can't swear.
Wait, it does happen: ὁμοούσια. Is there an exception here because the second vowel is two letters? "Hydroesthesia" still sounds less likely to me than "hydresthesia" but... Let's tag someone who knows Greek for real. @Iáson

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Wait, it does happen: ὁμοούσια
Please don't remind me. As a survivor of RPC Hanson's The Search for the Christian Doctrine of God: The Arian Controversy, I beg to be excused. :sick:

pilot1995

Thank you! I thought this might be worth while and so far the feedback is more than expected. Very helpful. I’ll have to give this some serious consideration. This name is was my favorite from over 20 possibilities I have on a list. All of the others are in English. I have a couple of weeks before I will need to fill out the registration papers with a chosen name. A side note, part of the fun is building a boat library and I’m thinking The Search for the Christian Doctrine of God: The Arian Controversy might be an excellent addition.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

anglicē et hypesthesia (google: 142,000) et hypoesthesia (google: 301,000) exstant.

graecē ὑδροειδής exstat, sed erat ōlim *w. potius etiam invenīmus ὑδραγωγέω, ὑδράργυρος, ὕδραυλις, ὑδρωπιάω, et alia multa.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Thank you! I thought this might be worth while and so far the feedback is more than expected. Very helpful. I’ll have to give this some serious consideration. This name is was my favorite from over 20 possibilities I have on a list. All of the others are in English. I have a couple of weeks before I will need to fill out the registration papers with a chosen name. A side note, part of the fun is building a boat library and I’m thinking The Search for the Christian Doctrine of God: The Arian Controversy might be an excellent addition.
It'll probably sink you; it's a heavy book in several ways.