1761 Death Certificate from Church Register

caspar

Hello, I am trying to get a proper transcription and translation of an entry from a church register. I don't know Latin so I have been trying my best to transcript the original and also using online dictionaries to translate as much as possible.

This is the original (left side partially cut off unfortunately):
scrot_20221002_232113_2.png

This is my transcript:
Hae die decima quinta octobris anni millefenii septingentefini sexagofini primi
in cometerio Erbach sepultus est Caspar Spies,
mortuus eri aetatis fio anno Sexagefinio quinto,
viduus dicto Erbach,
postquam sacramenta positae,
et extremo unitionis fiss??l(?) et sacrof?nem(?) viaticum receperot.
Rupperig Castor
And my attempt for a translation:
This is the fifteenth day of October in the year one thousand seven hundred and sixty-one
Caspar Spies was buried in the Erbach cemetery,
He died at the age of sixty-five years,
Widower from the said Erbach,
after the sacraments have been placed,
and at the end of the union he received the ??? and ??? communion/viaticum.
Rupperig Beaver
I hope someone might be able to understand/derive the missing two words (seems to be something that is being done during a catholic burial?).
Also, does the translation make sense so far?

Thanks!

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hi,

The two missing words look to be simul and sacrostanc(tum), and it's not *unitionis but unctionis. Other than that, as far as I can tell your translation looks good, even when your transcript isn't quite right (for instance, it's hac not hae, meaning "on this day").

caspar

Thank you, much appreciated! I could not find the word sacrostanc(tum), do you possibly mean sacrosanc(tum) or is there any website that has more words than the one I used?

Thanks for the hint with hae/hac. Not knowing the language makes it hard to spot the wrong words if a similar one exits. Any other red flags?

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Sorry, I ironically made a typo while speaking about typos :/ It is indeed sacrosanctum. As for other red flags, there's a number of typos but like I said your translation looks good to me anyway. But yeah, all your F's should be S's, your "ni" should be either "m" or mi" and you got some vowels wrong. So for instance, it's "sexagesimi", not "sexagofini". Also, it's "est", not "eri".