Quaecumque sit acquirimus

Dear friends! I'm having trouble with this sentence: "Unde quaecumque sit, acquirimus, merito liberis nostris ex voto paramus".
If I am not wrong, the meaning of the sentence is that whatever we obtain, we (hope to) earn it for our sons.
But I don't understand how acquirimus relates to sit without any other word in between, like unde quaecumque sit quod nos acquirimus...
Maybe I am misterundestanding the whole sentence. Could anyone please help me?
Thanks in advance!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It could be something like "therefore whatever it (some feminine thing) is, we acquire it, (and) rightfully hope to earn it for our chidlren"... but is there a context to the sentence? If so, please share it, as it could help with the exact interpretation.

Thanks for your answer
It's a legal case about an aristocrat who bought a royal privilege and claimed that his son could eventually inherit it.
I am puzzled by the coexistence of two verbs (acquirimus - paramus) without a conjuntion. Is it normal in Latin?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It happens sometimes.

But could you please share a paragraph or so?

Also, does it come from a printed edition or a manuscript? If from a manuscript, it would be nice to see a picture to check that that there are no mistranscriptions.

Ibi dum dicit cum officium morte finiantur, & istud est verum in mero officio. Sed istud est officium mixtum cum commodo & utilitate, et cum utilitatem habent, apellantur milita. Unde quaecumq(ue) sit, acquirimus, merito liberis nostris ex voto paramus, ut (a legal citation of Justinian's Digest).

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I can't make sense of that quaecumque sit. I can't see any plausible feminine antecedent for quaecumque (utilitate/utilitatem is unlikely). I suspect a mistranscription or corruption of the passage. It makes more sense if you remove the sit and take quaecumque as neuter accusative plural, object of acquirimus ("whatever [things] we acquire..."). That would produce a close-enough meaning to Justinian's omnia quae nostra sunt.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I guess sit could be a mistake for sic.