Normaly is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.

Mimony

Hi,
I'm a latin illiterate and was hoping one of you experts could help me translate this quote since I don't trust the google translator.
It's intented for some artwork which I intend to engrave in wood, so it better be spelled/translated correctly :)
Thanks a lot on beforehand!
Mimony

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Via consuetudinis planissima est: perfacilis ad itinerandum sed omnino sine floribus.

The way (road) of custom is quite flat: very easy for traveling but altogether without flowers.

or, more compactly:

Via consuetudinis planissima est: expedita sed sine floribus.

The way (road) of custom is quite flat: unimpeding (= easy to travel on) but without flowers.

Mimony

Hello Syntaxianus,
Thank you for your time! The person it is intended for is a big van of Vincent Van Gogh, so I'd like her to find the original wording and recognize his quote when she tranlates it back. Do you think it can be reworded to constitute the words normality, comfortable and grow ?

Salve
Mimony

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The person it is intended for is a big van of Vincent Van Gogh, so I'd like her to find the original wording and recognize his quote when she tranlates it back. Do you think it can be reworded to constitute the words normality, comfortable and grow ?
This looks like an acceptable near mirror-image:

Consuetudo est via strata: ad ambulandum commoda est, sed nulli flores ibi crescunt.

Mimony

That's great, I'm gonna go with that.
You just made 2 people happy, thank you very much!

Peace (under libery :) ) be with you.

Have a nice day further.
MImony