habendum et tenendum

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"Receivento" isn't a word that I know of. Do you know of its existence?

The beginning of the word looks like ret- but it's really blurry and difficult to read and it's hard to make a conjecture without knowing any context.

Might we see a picture of the whole page? That would give us an idea of what the text is all about and we could then perhaps guess what word would make sense there. We could also get a feel for the hand.

Also note (this is perhaps a mere typo but just in case):
That should be habendum.

stdape

Yes sorry mis-spelling on post for Habendum. I would love to send page but I will not be able to due to restrictions on the Document sadly. Would be great as a few words I am puzzled with.
The Document is about a Field being let to the Monks of a nearby Abbey, which was near.
It is hard to read, I ahave to do it in parts, as hard on the eyes.
I have sent a section which includes the Word which may help.

Attachments

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The word is retenimento (sine ullo retenimento = "without any reservation").

stdape

Thankyou I could not make the first letter out on ullo, thought it may have been illo. I must pay attention to the letters, but you have been a great help.

stdape

Pacifica wonder if you could confirm these words for me, sorry to be a pain, but not over sure on them.
One looks like " quinque marcas argentum"
The other "
rantirabuum? et manutenebuum?, in which finding hard to find those words.

Again sorry and appreciated

Attachments

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The first picture is extremely blurry and faint but it's probably quinque marcas argenti. The second one is ra[???]abimus et manutenebimus. The second verb is clear but the first one less so. It looks like ranetiabimus to me but I can't find such a word anywhere. Again, would it be possible to see at least a bit more of the page?

stdape

Wow your a Star. been bugging me, and been through ages trying. More or less done rest, these words will make more sense thankyou

P.S Manutenebimus makes sense, but not Rantiabiamus, which I can not seem to find a word the same? so not sure what it means but have found a word
"rantirabimus" which I think is we will rant.

Last edited:

stdape

I found it on a Search on Google only 2 results came up, and checking I realise the word is warantiarabimus, the first 2 letters were on the line above. I have noticed now my Document does same. Which now makes sense. I have sent the Clip of Google Search. And sorry I did not realise bit on the line above was part of the Word. No doubt you would have spotted it straigh away, but thanks for your patience.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I think it should be warantazabimus

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I knew I should have double checked ;)

stdape

Sorry for late reply had a lot going on, thanks for the help. I am doing Local History, so not really knowing much Latin, but am trying to get the idea. Its all the Abbreviations, which make it worse.