Favorite Romance Language

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

Which romance language is your fave, best-sounding, interesting and/or sexiest of all?

We do appreciate your feedback, thanks!

Ybytyruna

Cammarōrum Edācissimus

• Civis Illustris

Portuguese¹, because it is "a última flor do Lácio". :)

If I had to pick another language, I'd go with Italian.
--------

¹- Especially Brazilian Portuguese.

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I keep changing my mind on this question, but I would say French -- which to me sounds both elegant and rustic? at the same time -- and (more or less Madrid) Spanish maybe. I also have a particular fondness for European Portuguese, due to being of Portuguese descent.

Honorable mention for pretty much all minority Romance languages, Catalan and Occitan in particular. They sound great, and need more recognition. Speaking of Catalan, there's this YouTuber for instance who has one of the most beautiful Romance accents I've ever heard:

Clemens

Aedilis

• Aedilis

I also choose French, partly because it's the only one I can understand and speak with any real ability (I can read and understand the others to varying degrees). I agree that it's both elegant and rustic.

Ybytyruna

Cammarōrum Edācissimus

• Civis Illustris

I love the Sardinian language as well.

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

"De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum", However, I particularly like the Italian language because of two aspects, One, its phonetics is very close to portuguese, especially the brazilian variant, [in my opinion, spanish is closer to portuguese in terms of grammar, but in terms of phonetics, it's italian], and two, It is the current language of the 'Romans'..

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I find it impossible to choose on account of ignorance. I'm not swayed by musicality either. I'm fairly fond of Italian because of its relatively few phonemes.

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

I find it impossible to choose on account of ignorance. I'm not swayed by musicality either. I'm fairly fond of Italian because of its relatively few phonemes.
Yup, agreed, a simple phonetic system is very comfortable..