Cuius servus est Dāvus?

Jamin85

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and am reasonably new to Latin. I'm am completely self taught which I'm enjoying the process of but it comes with the major disadvantage that I don't have a teacher to ask silly novice questions to: I'm hoping that you wonderful people will be able to assist me whenever I find myself in a situation where I need some aid.

I've downloaded some workbooks and am working my way through them as well as using the amazing Cambridge Latin Course which is free to use online and is very helpful. The workbook I have downloaded however is entirely in Latin and begins very basic and gets more advanced as it progresses. The issue with this book is that if I don't know something in it, I struggle to find an answer.

So, ramble over let me introduce to my first obstacle and request some help please. Apologies as I'm sure it is very basic, but hey! we've got to start somewhere.

The question as written is "Cuius servus est Dāvus?". It's the word "Cuius" which is puzzling me. I think it mean "who is" but I'd just like some conformation either way please.

Any help would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

cuius = of whom i.e. whose

It is the genitive singular of quis.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus