With ferocious intent

diesel7108

With fierce intent or “with ferocious intent” both would work in this case. The idea here is to represent the ferociousness at which a mental health strategy needs to be applied in order to work. So for example. There is a fine line between being aware of something, and paying attention to it. It’s this divide that needs to be realized with fierce intent. Not just a “I’m going to try and think about it and see if I feel a difference.it’s needs to be an almost violent/aggressive descision then and there to adhere to the protocol to not get sucked in to negative thinking patterns.
Hope this helps describe

thanks!

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I would say

acri animo = "with keen intent"

which is not as ferocious as ferox. You could also use

atroci animo = "with fierce / stern / unyielding intent"

Clemens

Aedilis

• Aedilis

This reminds me of a part of the oratorio Davidis pugna et victōria.

Tū corda sī dās,
Atrōcī ferōcī,
Ardōre
Furōre,
Vōlāre
Pugnāre,
Gaudēre erit fās.

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

i've been thinking about this, and love atroci animo.. is there anyway to add "speed" to this? so like "with speedy/ultrafast/ fierce intent".. i'm not sure if it's a word that can be worked into your awesome "atroci animo"
Well "speedy intent" is a strange idea. Perhaps the idea of "very urgent" or "very pressing" could be expressed with instantissimo:

atroci et instantissimo animo

with fierce and very urgent intent

or

instanter atroci animo

with vehemently fierce intent

instans in L&S lexicon:

Pressing, urgent, importunate (post-Aug.): periculum, Nep. Paus. 3, 5: species terribilior jam et instantior, Tac. H. 4, 83: gestus acer atque instans, Quint. 11, 3, 92 sq.; cf.: argumentatio acrior et instantior, id. ib. § 164: admonitio instantior, Gell. 13, 24, 19.—Adv.: instanter, vehemently, earnestly, pressingly: intente instanterque pronuntiare, Plin. Ep. 5, 19, 6: petere, id. ib. 5, 7, 22: plura acriter et instanter incipere, Quint. 9, 3, 30: dicere, id. 9, 4, 126.— Comp.: instantius concurrere, to fight more vehemently, Tac. A. 6, 35. — Sup.: instantissime desiderare, Gell. 4, 18.

diesel7108

Well "speedy intent" is a strange idea. Perhaps the idea of "very urgent" or "very pressing" could be expressed with instantissimo:

atroci et instantissimo animo

with fierce and very urgent intent

or

instanter atroci animo

with vehemently fierce intent

instans in L&S lexicon:

Pressing, urgent, importunate (post-Aug.): periculum, Nep. Paus. 3, 5: species terribilior jam et instantior, Tac. H. 4, 83: gestus acer atque instans, Quint. 11, 3, 92 sq.; cf.: argumentatio acrior et instantior, id. ib. § 164: admonitio instantior, Gell. 13, 24, 19.—Adv.: instanter, vehemently, earnestly, pressingly: intente instanterque pronuntiare, Plin. Ep. 5, 19, 6: petere, id. ib. 5, 7, 22: plura acriter et instanter incipere, Quint. 9, 3, 30: dicere, id. 9, 4, 126.— Comp.: instantius concurrere, to fight more vehemently, Tac. A. 6, 35. — Sup.: instantissime desiderare, Gell. 4, 18.
if not speedy or fast how about NOW.

so like atroci animo “immediate” “now” before or “immediate” atroci animo.. or prompt etc.. I’m probably asking the same question over and over but I appreciate the patience and attention you folks giving this.

diesel7108

is there another word other than instantissimo? little concerned about the length of "instantissimo" with the tattoo design :(

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Well to say "with keen intent now" is not far off from just "with keen intent." Nothing occurs to me at the moment.

diesel7108

no prob, let me know if you think of anything. i really like your "atroci animo" just trying to add "RIGHT NOW" or IMMEDIATELY to it, without such a long word "instantissimo"..

thanks @syntaxianus

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

statim is a possibility, and a short word. It means "right away."

atroci animo statim

or maybe better

atroci animo et statim = with keen intent and right away

diesel7108

I like that a lot.. so earlier the translation was “with fierce intent” I’d like to maintain that.. can I assume that atroci animo et statim can mean with fierce intent and right away?

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I like that a lot.. so earlier the translation was “with fierce intent” I’d like to maintain that.. can I assume that atroci animo et statim can mean with fierce intent and right away?
Yes indeed. Let other Latinists here speak up if it is not so.

diesel7108

great so before I take this to the bank.. can I change the order of the words? Ie: “right now/immediately and with fierce intent” to “ statim et atroci animo”? Or can I just say statim atroci animo? Tattoo day coming up can’t wait

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

It is your call.

statim atroci animo = right away with fierce intent

statim et atroci animo = right away and with fierce intent