Universitas Hahnemannensis Schola Medicinae

Inquirer

Of note, I am very new here and am trying not to violate any rules, I have no scholarly knowledge of Latin. This is lengthy so I am happy to pay for a translation or donate to this forum. If I have violated any rules or norms please let me know so I may correct. Please see the below script and provide an English translation. Much obliged; feel free to contact me about a paid translation, per the rule's suggestion.

Universitas Hahnemannensis
Schola Medicinae
Omnibus Has Literas Praesentes Visuris
salutem
Cum academiae ubique gentium institutae personas philosophia scientiis medicina litterisque
Humanis excultas aut de Republica bene meritas titulo justo et congruente condecorare solitae sint:
Nos igitur Curatores Academiae Hahnemannianae Philidelphiae aucotoritate reipublicae
Pennsylvaniensis nobis Commissa
Carol Lynn Henricks
Bona Indole praeditum omnibus muneribus atgue officiis Quaehujus Academiae legibus ei imposita sunt
Constanter et fideliter expletis ad gradum
Medicinae Doctoris
Rite admisimus eique omnia jura honores privilegia ad huno gradum pertinentia libenter concessimus.
Cujus rei testimonio huio diplomati nomina nostra hoc die Pridie Kalendas Lunias
Anno Domini Millesimo Nongentesimo monagesimo uno Philadelphiae scripsimus et quo major sit
Fides auctoritasque Curatores consentientes Aacademiae nostrae sigillum apponi jusserunt.

Bestiola

Nequissima

• Civis Illustris

• Sacerdos Isidis

Hello,

It's been moved to the Paid translation forum.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I don't mind doing it for free. There's a few small typos in the transcription; in my quotes I fixed them. One thing I'm uncertain of is praeditum. Unless that is an error in transcription for praeditam, it seems that the Latin assumes the degree recipient is masculine and was not updated to reflect the fact that Carol Lynn Hendricks is a woman (unless this is a man named Carol, which I suppose is possible).

Universitas Hahnemannensis
Schola Medicinae
Hahnemann University
School of Medicine

Omnibus Has Literas Praesentes Visuris
salutem
Greetings to all who will see this present document/letter.

Cum academiae ubique gentium institutae personas philosophia scientiis medicina litterisque
Humanis excultas aut de Republica bene meritas titulo justo et congruente condecorare solitae sint:
Since academies instituted everywhere in the world are accustomed to reward persons refined in philosophy, sciences, medicine, and the humanities, or having done good service for the Republic, with a fair and appropriate title,

Nos igitur Curatores Academiae Hahnemannianae Philadelphiae auctoritate reipublicae
Pennsylvaniensis nobis Commissa
Carol Lynn Henricks
Bona Indole praeditum omnibus muneribus atque officiis Quae hujus Academiae legibus ei imposita sunt
Constanter et fideliter expletis ad gradum
Medicinae Doctoris
Rite admisimus
we therefore, the Overseers* of the Hahnemann Academy of Philadelphia, with the authority of the state of Pennsylvania that has been entrusted to us, have duly admitted Carol Lynn Henricks, endowed with good abilities, having completed steadfastly and faithfully all the duties and tasks that have been imposed on her by the laws of this Academy, to the degree of Doctor of Medicine,

*Not sure what the technical term for this is in context.

eique omnia jura honores privilegia ad hunc gradum pertinentia libenter concessimus.
and we have gladly granted to her all the rights, honors, privileges that pertain to this degree.

Cujus rei testimonio huic diplomati nomina nostra hoc die Pridie Kalendas Iunias
Anno Domini Millesimo Nongentesimo nonagesimo uno Philadelphiae scripsimus et quo major sit
Fides auctoritasque Curatores consentientes Academiae nostrae sigillum apponi jusserunt.
In testimony whereof, we have written our names on this diploma today, May 31st*, in the year of our Lord 1991; and, in order for the trustworthiness and authority to be greater, the agreeing** Overseers ordered that the seal of our Academy be set down on it.

* Assuming that should say Iunias, not Lunias.
** Presumably this means that the Overseers unanimously agreed to have the seal, not that only a part of them agreed.