those who have died in vain will never forget

A

Anonymous

Hello!

I was browsing around the web, looking for private translators in Helsinki to do some translation for me, but I came across your forums. This seems to be quite a good place to get some help in translating a phrase that I would like to be a part of my tattoos.

If you would kindly look at what I need translated and give it a shot it'd be greatly apprecciated! :)

The phrase that will be tattooed is "Those who have died in vain will never forget."
The context is quite complicated, but I will try to describe to you what the idea is.
My family is a family of photographers/photojournalists. My own inspiration for photography comes from, as perverse as it sounds, the things that are wrong in the world. My dad's been working in Africa for a long time, and I've been there multiple times as well. The things you see around there are things you never forget, and should never forget. So, the tattoo's phrase is a combination of the following:
-Those who have lost their lives in vain (i.e. genocide, civil war, collaterals etc.) will never forget the wrong done to them.
-Those who died in vain will never forget if you try to do something about it and tell the world about it.

The translation I'm looking for would be
"those who have died in vain will never forget."
"those who died in vain will never forget."
"those who died in vain shall never forget."
"those who died in vain will not forget."

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon!
Tell me what you think and if you need more info! :)

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Re: Assistance for tattoo text design?

I think it sounds silly, but here's a try. Qui frustra mortui sunt numquam obliviscentur, "those who have died in vain shall never forget."