Subinde ista est...

Can I Try?

HI All, My translation of the following sentence needs help.

Subinde ista est infamis palma vitiorum et extrema quorumdam criminosorum impudentissimaque
perversitas sancta polluere, calumniari bene acta et quae imitari non possunt aut nolunt ea detestari.

Thereupon, the very perversity to dishonor sacred [things], and to find fault with good actions, which they are not able, or are unwilling, to imitate are to be detested, is an infamous prize of vices and the most shameless extreme of certain guilty men.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"It is frequently* the infamous crown of vices and the ultimate and most impudent perversity of some sinners to defile sacred things, to find fault with good actions, and to curse* the things that they cannot or will not imitate."

*One possible meaning of subinde, but it's hard to be certain of it without knowing the context or being familiar with how this particular author tends to use the word.

*Detestari is deponent, so active translation.

Can I Try?

Thanks, Pacifica. That rendering of subinde matches the sense of what comes before this sentence. Does ista then go with palma?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

In a way, yes. This/it (= ista) is the palm (or "crown", as I rendered it, because that seemed to work better in English).