Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's agonizingly slow even to open a thread. The rest of the internet seems to be working fine for me; it's just this site.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

It's going well enough for me and my internet can be as slow as a week in jail.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Isn't there a way that moderators can slow the site down for irritating posters? I'm sure that nobody would do that intentionally, but is it possible that it happened accidentally? It does seem rather a longshot, though.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's really, really annoying. Could it be that my computer has a problem with this site in particular? I'll try logging in from another PC in a bit. (I've already tried a different browser; it makes no difference.)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Maybe I won't need to since it seems to be getting better. Fingers crossed...

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I did take still some time for me to exit this thread... though it worked OK to come back in. Hmm...

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It isn't working any better from the other PC. Indeed, even before logging in, it took over a minute to merely access the site. Then I entered my username and password, and it's still loading as I write this.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Isn't there a way that moderators can slow the site down for irritating posters? I'm sure that nobody would do that intentionally, but is it possible that it happened accidentally? It does seem rather a longshot, though.
Perhaps I managed to deeply offend a religious mod.

I wish this would stop!

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It seems to be getting better at times.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The site had occasionally slowed down for me before, but never to such a point for such a long time. It seems back to normal today, though, at last.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I was going to suggest visiting the site from another browser where you weren't logged in to see if it made a difference.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Has the layout of the site changed for everyone, or is it just me? The lists of staff and members online etc., which used to be on the right-hand side, are now at the bottom.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

The lists of staff and members online etc., which used to be on the right-hand side, are now at the bottom.
They're on the side for me on a laptop, at the bottom on a mobile. What sort of device are you using?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Laptop. They were always on the side, until last night.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Maybe I clicked something by accident to make it change. But if so, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.