Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Ah.

There's another forum I'm on that seems to ask for login info perhaps once a year or so. Maybe it's something forums do, asking every now and then even those who are usually logged in automatically. I don't remember if it has happened on LatinD before. I know I had to enter login info once or twice before; I think that was due to things on my end (like a new PC or some changes made to the PC) but I could be wrong.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Linkedin is asking me for my password too, while it usually doesn't. So maybe it's something on my end.

B

Bitmap

It's possible that you had something like a browser update which cleared some of your cache or your cookies.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Dunno. Latin D asked me to log in on my phone last night, and on my computer today.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I haven't been asked to log in again on phone or laptop. Of course, now that I've said this, it will happen at an inconvenient time.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I assume the unusual request for login info was due to you, Cinefactus, or else Nick or Akela, fiddling with the software to fix the uploading issue?
No idea, although it happened to me too.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I was logged out yesterday on my phone, where it would have been fiddly to retrieve and re-enter my password, but not on the laptop, where it wouldn't have been.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

1. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 28
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 60
  3. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 113
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 516
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 494
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  7. XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 83
  8. XF\DataRegistry->get() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 226
  9. XF\DataRegistry->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 1644
  10. XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
  11. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2158
  12. XF\App->setupAddOnComposerAutoload() in src/XF/App.php at line 1743
  13. XF\App->setup() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 89
  14. XF\Pub\App->setup() in src/XF.php at line 363
  15. XF::setupApp() in src/XF.php at line 386
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

When I tried to access the site within the last half hour, on all pages. Didn't last too long, which was lucky, as I've forgotten the access details for the emergency Skype group.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I've had a few problems liking and replying to posts in the last twenty minutes. Now I've just been presented with some traffic lights and asked to verify that I'm not a robot since there appears to be unusual activity coming from my IP address. Hmmm...What could that all mean?

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I got the verification thing twice since then, but I couldn't get a post on here to say so! I'm using phone now.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

96D6B444-4158-4C73-B6EA-818E73A0FBC8.gif

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I tried to start a poll with 40 options, but the software told me to piss off after 10. Most fora that allow the posting of polls limit the options, often more severely, so I wasn't surprised. I wonder if there's some technical difficulty about allowing more options; you'd think it would be all the same to a a computer.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I tried to start a poll with 40 options, but the software told me to piss off after 10. Most fora that allow the posting of polls limit the options, often more severely, so I wasn't surprised. I wonder if there's some technical difficulty about allowing more options; you'd think it would be all the same to a a computer.
I think it is probably just an arbitrary figure chosen to prevent really long polls.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'm curious what this planned 40-option poll was.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I'm curious what this planned 40-option poll was.
The Grand National, the one race that people bet on who never look at another race, was run yesterday, with the maximum of 40 horses. For the first time it was won by a female jockey, the one who did so well at Cheltenham. My money wasn't on the horse, because it had never won over 3 miles or longer, which most winners do, and was too short to back each way. I wasn't really bothered because I don't have a good record in that race, and there is usually something neglected at one of the other meetings, because all the attention is on Aintree. This time I found it -- a 16/1 winner of a race for conditional (apprentice) jockeys at Newcastle.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Am I the only one for whom the site has been annoyingly slow today? Some pictures won't even fully load.

Status
Not open for further replies.