Smug even in defeat

sotrain515

1.) "Smug even in defeat."
2.) I want to use it for a mock motto / family crest in a humorous context. I can provide more details if requested.
3.) I am picturing a person who is feeling smug or superior (or maybe even hubris) despite the fact that they have been utterly bested. Picturing it in a metaphorical sense as opposed to physical (i.e. beaten in a match of wits rather than in an actual fight).
4.) Female (but if I could have it in either gender and/or pluralized that would be awesome).

Thanks in advance!

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I want to say Superba Etiam Victa but I'm not sure that's a possible phrase in Latin. Wait for others' feedback on this one.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I want to say Superba Etiam Victa but I'm not sure that's a possible phrase in Latin. Wait for others' feedback on this one.
That is almost identical to what I was thinking. It does depend on what you mean by smug though. Arrogant, self important, conceited? Do you consider it to be a positive or negative adjective?

sotrain515

That is almost identical to what I was thinking. It does depend on what you mean by smug though. Arrogant, self important, conceited? Do you consider it to be a positive or negative adjective?

I mean it in a negative sense I suppose. Arrogant or self-important. A person feeling superior in spite of their defeat.