[Request for a paid translation] The time of our exile having ceased

Fraternus

Salvete omnes!

As it happens, I’ve written a (woefully still unpublished) novel in French that takes place in the 5th century, and I’ve been endeavoring to create a number of “bonuses” for my future readers. At one point in the story, the protagonists (two Gallic bishops) receive a letter from British princes. I was thinking of “defictionalizing” that letter, i.e. have it translated in Late Latin, written down on a Vindolanda-style wood tablet, and record myself reading it with the time-appropriate pronunciation.

Since the letter in question is over 100 words, I’m willing to request a paid translation, even though I did manage to translate some parts (i.e. the opening and closing formulae) on my own because they’re based on specific literary examples. If there's anything wrong/lacking with my request, please let me know!

Here is the full text (including my own version of the opening and closing formulae):
To the Most Blessed Bishops Germanus and Lupus, the Princes of Britannia Julian and Aurelian send greeting in the Lord.* (Beatissimis Episcopis Germano et Lupo Principes Britanniae Iulianus et Aurelius in Domino salutem.)

The time of our exile having ceased, we have returned from the continent to take back our rightful place in Britannia. The list of our allies is indeed short, but didn’t the poet say: "Fame gathers strength as it goes?"** Your support, should you deem us worthy of it, would be most precious to us.

Therefore, o most blessed papae, we humbly ask that you consider visiting our standing camp in Iscalis at your quickest convenience.

Should you accept our invitation, please see to the destruction of these tablets before you set off, for our enemies are many, and they lurk everywhere.

I, Julian, write this greeting with my own hand.*** The brothers here greet you. The grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.**** (Ego Iulianus scripsi ea manu. Salutant vos, qui mecum sunt, fratres. Gratia Domini Iesu Christi cum spiritu vostro. Amen.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
* This part mimicks the style used by Jerome of Stridon in his letters (e. g. "Domino vere Sancto, ac beatissimo Papae Augustino Hieronymus in Domino salutem.").
** This is a direct quote from Virgil’s Aeneid: "[Fama] vires acquirit eundo."
*** That part mimicks Philemon 1:19 (in the Vetus Latina: "Ego Paulus scripsi ea manu.").
**** That part mimicks Philippians 4:20 and 23 (in the Vetus Latina: "Salutant vos, qui mecum sunt, fratres." and "Gratia Domini Iesu Christi cum spiritu vestro. Amen.").

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

Your project looks pretty interesting. I can translate this. I'll PM you with a quote.