Inspirational Pompous of being

efilzeo

How to say "pompous of being" where the sense is pompous/prideful/airy/flown/sumptuous/superb of being?
The gender is male.

Ignatius Fuscus

My first post!
Superbus is, as aurifex said, a sufficient translation. But if you have a sense of etymological irony then perhaps you'd like to know that the English word pompous comes from the Old French pompeux, which itself comes from the Late Latin word pomposus which can mean pompous, but also has an overtone of being stately or magisterial.

Pomposus itself comes from the Latin pompa meaning a procession or pomp. So if I was feeling whimsical I'd use the late latin pomposus. But classically speaking superbus is better.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

You still haven't explained what "pompous of being" means, exactly. Is it like being prideful in one's existence?

efilzeo

You still haven't explained what "pompous of being" means, exactly. Is it like being prideful in one's existence?
Yes but more. Prideful and scornful at the same time and at the top.

My first post!
Superbus is, as aurifex said, a sufficient translation. But if you have a sense of etymological irony then perhaps you'd like to know that the English word pompous comes from the Old French pompeux, which itself comes from the Late Latin word pomposus which can mean pompous, but also has an overtone of being stately or magisterial.

Pomposus itself comes from the Latin pompa meaning a procession or pomp. So if I was feeling whimsical I'd use the late latin pomposus. But classically speaking superbus is better.
So how would you translate the entire phrase?

Thanks for your help.

up

up

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

homo superbus/pomposus or just superbus, as Aurifex mentioned.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

But there isn't the "of being" part.
"Of being" used in this way isn't exactly idiomatic English, as far as I know; I suppose "by nature" would be nearer the mark.
If you insist on something such as this being part of the translation, you could say homo natura superbus - "a man proud by nature".