Please use the "like" feature

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

If I switch to Latin in FF, nothing happens. Chrome changes a few things, but not all.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

You can switch languages in the left bottom corner. Sure not easy to find.
I never knew that. But having done it, it doesn't seem to translate very much. If people give me translations I can possibly change them.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

'forums' -> 'fora' ;)

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Any others? It doesn't look like it is possible to rename the actual names of the individual fora.

When I did the localisation for my Latin editor I used imperatives for commands, but it looks like the person who set the Latin translations up used the subjunctive: Dēsignentur omnia fora esse lecta

What do you think?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I think either imperative or subjunctive could work, depending on whether you want to think of yourself as ordering the computer around like a person, or making your will known to an impersonal entity. I'm rather more dubious about designentur...esse lecta; it doesn't ever seem to take an acc/inf that I can see.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

What would you suggest instead?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Not sure yet. Anything like indico feels a bit wrong, because presumably it isn't actually the case that all fora have been read, and you're simply telling the computer to represent them as though they were. Maybe simulentur?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Omnia Designa Lecta?

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

It is not the text, it is our attachments that take up the most space.

I just played with donation permissions. Is there anyone left who cannot see the donation menu item in the top menu or the side bar on the index page?

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris

I can now see the donate button on the top, as well as the "monthly server costs" bar on the right.

It is not the text, it is our attachments that take up the most space
Like word/pdf files we upload, videos and pictures we share in the threads? Does for instance the "What are you listening to" thread take up lots of space because of all the videos?

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I see them now as well.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I see the donation buttons.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I can see them both as well.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Donated! Now I want my "Patronus" banner back. ;)

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I see that fixing the "donate" button problem was rather effective. The donation bar has filled up quickly!

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Like word/pdf files we upload, videos and pictures we share in the threads? Does for instance the "What are you listening to" thread take up lots of space because of all the videos?
Word, pdf, image uploads - yes. Any videos hosted on youtube, Google videos, etc - no.
I do prefer for any relevant uploads to be hosted on our own server, since otherwise we tend to end up with a lot of dead links and non-existent image references. With the new upgrade, we will have twice the space, so pdfs, etc won't be an issue.

Size of the database itself matters too (it has a separate size limit specified). That's why deleting a bunch of old threads made a difference this time and why using the Like feature instead of responding with one word posts will help us put off the next upgrade.

Thank you to everyone who donated! I have just sent in request for our hosting upgrade.