(Oh) Sum recto igniatum ignidi tu (oh) vita ure (oh) repeta ...

MarcusJavuc

Hi,

I wanted to translate some "lyrics", of a Soundtrack from the Videogame "Dark Souls III". I don't know if that means something in particular, but if its the case maybe you can do somehing ?

So, here are the data :

Soundtrack :

Cinematic (to give some context) :

And lyrics (at 1:20) :

(Oh) Sum recto igniatum ignidi tu (oh) vita ure (oh) repeta

Tibi viti arsum arsum rectum debeo, tibi viti

--

Thank you very much if you can help me

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Yes, indeed. It is called 'nonsense'.

DS3 is a masterpiece, and I'll be the last man on earth to cast aspersions on it just 'cause From didn't hire a medievalist. However, this is mostly jumbled nonsense, much like the runic writing on items, headstones, etc. in DS and Bloodborne. If what you have written here is actually what's being sung, I could scrape together an intended meaning along the lines of:
'I am rightly the Kindled One. Burn thou, o life, and reclaim for thyself the flame. I am master of the true flame...' some such thing

This plays for Yhorm the Giant, so it sort of makes sense. After all, he and Pontiff Sulyvahn are adherents to the rite of the Profaned Flame. :peace:

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

MarcusJavuc

Yes, indeed. It is called 'nonsense'.

DS3 is a masterpiece, and I'll be the last man on earth to cast aspersions on it just 'cause From didn't hire a medievalist. However, this is mostly jumbled nonsense, much like the runic writing on items, headstones, etc. in DS and Bloodborne. If what you have written here is actually what's being sung, I could scrape together an intended meaning along the lines of:
'I am rightly the Kindled One. Burn thou, o life, and reclaim for thyself the flame. I am master of the true flame...' some such thing

This plays for Yhorm the Giant, so it sort of makes sense. After all, he and Pontiff Sulyvahn are adherents to the rite of the Profaned Flame. :peace:

Many thanks, I had some doubts for the "jumbled nonsense" but you confirm it to me.

This should be added to the Pathetic Mistranslations thread.

Not really, we don't know if this is intended by the composer, or just a bunch of hazardous words just to put some depht in the composition. These "lyrics" aren't official, it's the community that discover them.
Furthermore, my ears can be misleaded, and what is sung here can, maybe, make sense in other words (or even in other languages).