Octave of the Epiphany oddness

Clemens

Aedilis

• Aedilis

[If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.]

So I was looking at my copy of the 1920 Missale Romanum and discovered this interesting complication:

Under the old form, the Feast of the Epiphany had a Privileged Octave of the Second Class, which means, during the week following the feast, the propers of the feast are used instead of whatever other liturgical day might happen at the same time, except doubles of the first or second class. So this means that the Sunday that falls immediately after the Feast of the Epiphany is not celebrated, but the Octave of the Epiphany is, with a commemoration of the superseded Sunday Mass. At some point, this Sunday got designated as the Feast of the Holy Family, which supersedes the octave, so now the Feast of the Holy Family is celebrated and both the octave and the Sunday are commemorated. So far so good. But then, immediately after the propers for the Feast of the Holy Family, are the propers for the Sunday, which is never celebrated, or at least shouldn't be, since it's already superseded by two other feasts, until we read this:

Missa hujus Dominicae infra Octavam impedita, si ipsa Dominica a die 7 ad 11 Januarii occurrerit, reponitur in proximiorem sequentem Feriam, in qua Officium agatur de Octava; si autem occurrerit die 13 Januarii, resumitur die 19 ejudsem mensis (in colore albo).

If I understand this correctly, it means that the normal Sunday that would normally fall after the Epiphany and which gets superseded by two other feasts and commemorated, is still translated to another day. This would seem to be an anomaly in the ranking of feasts, which were normally either commemorated or translated, but not both. Does anyone know anything about this? Am I misreading the rubrics?