My Own Energysucking Humanoid Moth Cryptid

Malvabyte

• Patronus

So basically, they're like the Mothman, right? But in my mixed fantasy/sci-fi universe, they're not the exact same. They're like a mixture of inspirations of Mothra and Neuntoers (type of vampires; weak to lemons).

So the tiny issue is: I don't have a solid idea of what I want to be translated but I do have a few ideas for y'all to translate, maybe? And if possible, try to combine all of those into a single word since I still heavily dislike having to space or hyphen out my handles as I'll also use one of the ideas as one from now on, if I really stick to it, yanno:

- "Energy Sucker" <--- Not like any of the "my energy is so drained" stuff, actually the kind where electricity goes out mysteriously because of this fella
- "Sun Spirit"
- "Thunder Bender"
- "Light Witch" <--- Not in the "good/bad witches" way, but literally just light in sense of sun, electricity, fire, etc.!

I hope I posted this correctly and please help me! Thank you kindly! You guys have helped me so much and that's why I love this site so much! <3

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Thunder Bender - there was a character called the "Pine Bender" in Greek mythology - Pityocamptes. Maybe Brontocamptes for Thunder Bender? Wait for other ideas.

It's not common in classical Latin but modern taxonomy has fagisuga for "beech sucker." Hmm....energisuga? Wait for other ideas.'
'
Light witch - lux is that sort of light but is the Light Witch a "good" character or an "evil" one?

Sun Spirit - anima solis but if you like Greek mythology, Βακχώδης (Bacchodes) is "filled with the spirit of Bacchus." Maybe Apollides? That one is unattested.

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Thunder Bender - there was a character called the "Pine Bender" in Greek mythology - Pityocamptes. Maybe Brontocamptes for Thunder Bender? Wait for other ideas.
I think perhaps he means someone who controls thunder rather than someone who bends it, though.

Malvabyte

• Patronus

It's not common in classical Latin but modern taxonomy has fagisuga for "beech sucker." Hmm....energisuga? Wait for other ideas.'
'
Light witch - lux is that sort of light but is the Light Witch a "good" character or an "evil" one?

Sun Spirit - anima solis but if you like Greek mythology, Βακχώδης (Bacchodes) is "filled with the spirit of Bacchus." Maybe Apollides? That one is unattested.
Neutral, actually! But tbh I think they've constantly been painted in a bad light and are generally misunderstood so maybe "evil"?

And yeah what @Laurentius said! Think Avatar the Last Airbender, where benders more or less control an element such as air or fire etc etc. But this one character mostly controls in a similar and mixed manner as Thor from the Norse mythology and Azula from the ATLA series.

Oh, and maybe a drawing of my said character would help you guys get more ideas? It's attached btw.

Attachments