my daughter, my life, our miracle

Markvs Strayvs

Hi,

I am looking for a translation of the following 'my daughter, my life, our miracle'

My daughter was born 4 months ago after waiting 4years and one course of IVF, I have other various Latin tattoos and would like to add this one as another important moment in my life.

If there are any other types of Latin daughter quotes anyone may feel work for what I am trying to say, I am open to ideas.

Many thanks

Markvs

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

There is always SPQR ... kidding!
nata/filia mea, mea vita, miraculum nostrum
is what you want

Markvs Strayvs

Thank you very much for such a quick response! Unfortunately I am a mere engineer so cannot join in with your SPQR joke reference I'm afraid!

So do I need it to include he nata bit at the start? I thought it would just be 'filia mea, mea vita, miraculum nostrum'

Could someone please confirm, many thanks

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

the slash means the two words are synonyms. So you can say nata mea or filia mea.

Markvs Strayvs

thank you once again for the information, to have 'filia mea, mea vita, miraculum nostrum' tattooed is the punctuation still necessary ? my instinct says it will be but I just wanted to make sure before I go ahead, hope someone can help, many thanks.
Markvs Strayvs

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

In ancient times, there was no punctuation.

If you use modern lower-case letters, you should use modern punctuation or at least utilise spacing to separate the concepts.

Markvs Strayvs

Hi,

Thanks again for all your help, could anyone help me with 'OUR DAUGHTER, OUR LIFE, OUR MIRACLE'

My wife feels this would be better!!

Thanks again for your invaluable help.

Mark

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

Use nostra instead of mea.

Markvs Strayvs

One last question on this subject, why is it that if I jut had 'my daughter, my life' the translation is mea filia, mea vita but when i have asked for 'my daughter, my life, our miracle' it then becomes ' filia mea, mea vita, miraculum nostro' ?? What in trying to say is that the 'mea' moves? Is this correct??

Once again many thanks
Mark

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

It doesn’t matter whether the possessive (mea, nostrum, etc) goes before or after the thing it refers to. It’s just a stylistic issue.