Languages We Speak

Livia

Since quite a few people here seem to be from different countries, I thought it'd be interesting to see what languages people speak.

Sa Seba

Consularis

• Consularis

Since I am originally from Germany, I speak german besides english and genglish.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Russian, a little bit of German, and a non-existent bit of Spanish.

jaffa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Italian and French. Akela how does one speak non-existent Spanish?

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

jaffa dixit:
Italian and French. Akela how does one speak non-existent Spanish?
Existent Spanish. Non-existent bit of it :oops:

I took my last Spanish class about 3 years ago. I couldn't produce a sentence with a gun to my head.

Not that I suggest anyone tries it...... :shock:

How good is your Italian?

Klea

I am totally fluent in English, read French (I can't think fast enough in it to carry on a decent conversation and my accent is horrible), and I can read a bit of Swedish.

sir_william_86

Hmm different languages. I am fluent in English and spanish, but I think spanish is sometimes spoken way faster and my english brain can't keep up with it. If you give me time i can read in Italian. Took one year of french in high school, but I didn't like it that much. I studied japanese but didn't get far because, it is really hard to try and teach yourself.
And I like Norwegian.
Hei. Hyggelig møte alle.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

sir_william_86 dixit:
I studied japanese but didn't get far because, it is really hard to try and teach yourself.
Oh yeah, I took Chinese for a year too.. got a B- and ran :laugh:

Impressive list by the way:) How did you come to be fluent in Spanish?

sir_william_86

Well I am quite new here also, but nice to meet you too. As for spanish, I can speaketh it very slowly. Umm I guess I mean I wouldn't die if I went to an all spanish speaking land. haha. I took about 7 years of spanish through school. Congrats on that B in Chinese though.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

sir_william_86 dixit:
Congrats on that B in Chinese though.
B- (the key word being the 'minus' :() The only thing I remember from the Chinese class is how to say "s/he is my friend" lol :--)

There are different degrees of shame one can face after taking a class and I know them all.

Sa Seba

Consularis

• Consularis

Ah spain, must be warm the now, way warmer than here in van for sure.

btw, this forum is one of the very few where offtopic is allowed, so you can expect a thread hijack from my side (from time to time ;) ).
And, everyone is welcome to do so too! :-({|=

Do you live in spain, Harry?

Harry

No, I live in the UK, but I've just finished an Open University introductory course in Spanish.

I'd quite like to retstart Latin now. I did two years of it at grammar school, but that was 40 years ago.

Sa Seba

Consularis

• Consularis

I see, so you also got winter weather ;-( ;)