I could count on no hands how many f*cks I'm giving

Hi

I am translating a song for a Latin project, in my class

I have not had trouble with the translation, until I reached this line, and was given slight pause.

"I could count on no hands how many fucks I'm giving
Or is it a million? Are "god" and "void" equivalent?
Are we making total destroy
Or just making a living?"

That is the stanza. The sections in red are those of which I am struggling with
How would one translate the action of "giving fucks" in this context?
As well as "making total destroy," as that is not quite grammatically correct, or at least, standard.

Best regards, and thank you all in advance.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

In any case, this is very, very unlikely to translate idiomatically into Latin. I would advise the OP to find something easier to translate (as well as more worthy of translation in the first place.)

This should have been placed on the profanity board.
FORUM: latin-insults-profanity.55
The mods will likely move it.
Gotcha, wasn't aware. Thank you!

In any case, this is very, very unlikely to translate idiomatically into Latin. I would advise the OP to find something easier to translate (as well as more worthy of translation in the first place.)
Fair, enough. Though, it's already something set in stone, I'm afraid. I'll have to figure out a way to make it less modernized before translating it, I suppose. Appreciate it.

I thought it was hilarious. I'll attempt to figure out a way to do this.
That would be wonderful! Thank you!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

But it makes sense, I think!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Though one thing, perhaps: sine digitis numerare possum might be interpreted as just that you don't need fingers to count them (but can do it mentally). What about digitis neutrius manus numerare possum?

Though that translation of yours remains, I think, the most successful translation I've seen of something at first sight so unlikely to translate well into Latin...

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Though that translation of yours remains, I think, the most successful translation I've seen of something at first sight so unlikely to translate well into Latin...
Agreed. :D

Now, not to be a party pooper, but the OP should be aware that -- though Imperfacundus 's translation preserves the sense of "I don't care" -- it doesn't either preserve the literal meaning of the original English swear word, or indeed the fact that it is profanity. But, well, I still think it's pretty awesome. :D

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I may actually use the phrase in the future, if the occasion presents itself. It's so funny, but I think a Roman might actually have understood it.

Abbatiſſæ Scriptor

Senex

• Civis Illustris

The problem lies not in tranſlating the quite interchangeable cuſs word, but in the idiomatic uſe of 'give'. What one is 'giving' (or deeming to be not worth giving) is a comment (even in the abbreviated form of an eſſentially meaningleſs profanity) on a matter that others conſider to be of great importance.

Ater Gladius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Cicero would be proud.