"Greek discussion"?

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hello,

I started learning ancient Greek earlier this year, and I’m wondering if any one here would know of any forum similar to Latin Discussion, but dedicated to Greek. For me it would be useful not so much for asking questions but rather for reading the questions that other beginners ask, and the advice shared by other learners, which the "Ancient Greek" section here on LD is not active enough to provide.
Any recommendations? Thanks!

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

...I’m wondering if any one here would know of any forum similar to Latin Discussion, but dedicated to Greek.
I don't know of anything directly analogous to LD, but the Word Reference website has a Greek Forum, principally for learners of Modern Demotic Greek (one would assume), but upon which one might ask questions in any period Greek dialect (Archaic, Epic/Ionian, Classical Attic, Hellenistic/Koine, Katharevousa, Demotic/Colloquial Modern, etc.), and usually get an authoritative answer. I have asked Classical Attic questions on there, myself from the knowledgeable fellows on there. Follow the link:

For Latin, this is definitely the place, though (good chaps there, but you won't find anyone quite like Pacifica, nor "discipulis illustribus" such as our own Godmy, on the WR Latin forum). ;)

Last edited:

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Here is another site focusing (apparently) strictly on Greek, about which I have just learned (I have never used it, and have no account there as yet):

Notascooby

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Textkit is useful but not the most active. However there are loads of old threads you could read. Reddit has an ancient Greek sub and a Koine sub, the Koine sub is fairly inactive though but still useful.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Textkit is strange. No one seems to have a sense of humour there. We have trouble tying our humourists down; I don't think they could crack a smile at gunpoint.

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I haven't figured out how to use reddit yet. :(

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

If you think that's bad go over to the Latin subreddit and tell them you have reservations about LLPSI:hiding:
And people wonder how witch hunts used to happen...