Google translate will ensure you fail in Latin

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

With well-recognized quotes that have translations available pretty much everywhere, Google Translate will do fine because it probably just has them in a database. But it won't be able to do anything that's not a very famous quote.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

No, it hasn't got any better...
Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 09.07.50 .png

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Well, decorum can mean "handsome", if applied to a man, but of course that won't always be the appropriate translation, and the machine, being unable to analyse context as a human would, will just often fail to adjust its translation to the context, as in the case of dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

It's also a little unfair to enter a derived term (< decorus). I don't think anyone uses das Googlor as a morphological reference.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I don't think anyone uses das Googlor as a morphological reference.
I think you would be surprised by how much faith people put in it—or maybe you wouldn't :(

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I think you would be surprised by how much faith people put in it—or maybe you wouldn't :(
I cringe almost every time I see a tattoo in either any non-modern language or a modern language that doesn't use the Latin alphabet.

Most of the time, they're incorrect.

If those have a correct translation, I would praise them for doing the research.

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Have your system set to Spanish, hey, overachiever?!
¿Qué piensas, güey?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

If you mean automatic translators, though, no.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

At 0:31 in this trailer, they use Google Translate to translate Latin. The Latin itself is a bit incorrect, but Google translates it correctly. Strangely, this is a phrase that Google actually does seem to get right (or as right as possible given the bad grammar) in real life.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

:( You'd think that with the sorts of budgets available for such films, they could have actually checked with a Latinist to make sure that the Latin says what they wanted it to say.

I have to wonder whether they used some translation software (not GT, though, because it gives a different output) to do the initial translation from English to Latin.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The Latin seems like it could be the output of a human being with some Latin notions though not enough to handle appositions properly.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

What's special (or wrong) about it?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Not sure exactly. It just seems like a sort of cute/diplomatic way of saying "very basic/mediocre knowledge".