Forum Offline on Saturday 15 2022

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

We will be transferring to a new server on Saturday 15 2022, the forum will be offline the whole day since early hours of UTC till probably the late hours.
Check with us on Sunday, the next day.

Please bear that in mind if you're planning any activity here during that time!

Last edited:

Hawkwood1

Bit of an issue. Could someone restore my settings back to how they were before I fiddled, please?

My "Receive News and Update Emails" box was already unticked so I tried putting my usual email address for here in the settings so that the alerts would go back to that email as opposed to the email I use now (which somehow LatD found!). LatD then sent a confirmation to my old email address but I can't recall the password as it was years ago thus I'm unable to confirm change and now unable to post on usual account. Apologies.

Hawkwood1

Actually if it's something that cannot be undone without me confirming via old email addreds, I'll just use this one. It's not like I have anything saved on other one. No harm done either way.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Mmmm... I will deal with it Hawkwood, but there seem to be bigger problems now, unfortunately :-/

Anyone has had issues with accessing the web in the last few hours?
I got a 404 error when accessing the forum about 40 minutes ago. It only lasted a couple of minutes, then it went back to normal.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Poland is dated by three partitions; Prague is dated by three defenestrations. Everyone loves the word, and only wishes there were more opportunities to use it. What is it in Czech?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Unwindowing.
That sounds like it should mean removing the windows, presumably by blocking them up. If you ever make it to England you will see that there are quite a few building where this is the case. This was done to avoid tax. That alone should have alerted the keen-eyed observer that the English were hopeless. Taxing fresh air, literally or metaphorically, for centuries.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

defenestrace :p (pronounced as if in Latin 'defenestratse' )

No Czech word, though our history teacher suggested "vyoknění" :- D
Placet. We'd use something like "wyoknieni" theoretically, although there's no such word. :p