Forum errors reports

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Here you can report if the forum behaves strangely: I will take attention to it and try to fix it.

=======================

This is a moderated thread. Any off-topic comments or direct/indirect insults will be deleted. Users that will be repeatedly troublesome may get banned from the forum for good because as a mere technical admin with other worries I do not have as much patience.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Just got this; on the .com domain, if it matters.

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] No such file or directory in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

1. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 28
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 60
  3. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 113
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 516
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 494
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  7. XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 83
  8. XF\DataRegistry->get() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 226
  9. XF\DataRegistry->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 1644
  10. XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
  11. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2158
  12. XF\App->setupAddOnComposerAutoload() in src/XF/App.php at line 1743
  13. XF\App->setup() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 89
  14. XF\Pub\App->setup() in src/XF.php at line 363
  15. XF::setupApp() in src/XF.php at line 386
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

And again just now:

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] No such file or directory in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

1. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 28
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 60
  3. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 113
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 516
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 494
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  7. XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 83
  8. XF\DataRegistry->get() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 226
  9. XF\DataRegistry->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 1644
  10. XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
  11. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2158
  12. XF\App->setupAddOnComposerAutoload() in src/XF/App.php at line 1743
  13. XF\App->setup() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 89
  14. XF\Pub\App->setup() in src/XF.php at line 363
  15. XF::setupApp() in src/XF.php at line 386
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Thank you for the reports!
It seems to be the same error. If it appears again, first try force-refreshing the page with CTRL+F5, if it doesn't desist, I can still take it to the server provider, but I'm afraid there will little to do on my end about this.

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I got an error the day before yesterday I think it was? I didn't screenshot/copy it though.

Also, loading pages take a really long time sometimes, and that happens several time a day. I don't think it's my connection: I'm on the fiber, and other sites seem to work fine.

Also also, the email notifications I get when a new message is posted in a thread I watch, have started to come with a warning recently:

1659140977637.png

It's not on all the mails though. It says it couldn't verify that the mail comes from LatinD, and suggests to report it as spam or phishing.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Sorry, I was away for about two weeks. Try making a screenshot next time, but it's likely something I wouldn't be able to do anything about. Typically, it's a particular nod from some country to some country which may get problems (typically somewhere from Europe), then it gets fixed... right now for me, from Czechia, it works correctly.

The email addition looks purely as generated by the email provider. (it doesn't originate from here). If it asks you to push some button, then do it. Can't do anything else about it.

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

This time I managed to catch the error message:

1659996382299.png

It lasted only a couple of seconds, and when I refreshed, I was the only person online according to the thingy:

1659996401322.png

Then as people refreshed/logged in, names started to appear and the counters, to go up.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

This time I managed to catch the error message:

View attachment 21056

It lasted only a couple of seconds, and when I refreshed, I was the only person online according to the thingy:

View attachment 21057

Then as people refreshed/logged in, names started to appear and the counters, to go up.
It's likely this XenForo version's bug: a rare occurence that appears only if certain conditions are met... which are almost never met, hence it's rare. Can't fix it. If it appears too often (if the mistake becomes easily replicable), then we could start thinking about a new XenForo version, which of course, wouldn't not be an easy thing to do, not cheap either. But so far, let us better forget it.

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Not to constantly whine about this, but the forum has been incredibly slow on my side lately, taking forever to load pages, but this morning is special: I'm getting repeatedly timed out.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Not to constantly whine about this, but the forum has been incredibly slow on my side lately, taking forever to load pages, but this morning is special: I'm getting repeatedly timed out.
I submitted a ticket to our host so they can check whether there's something unusually wrong with the connections from Europe. I wasn't very active here of late, but some time ago, it seemed to me it ran less smoothly (from the Czech Republic) as well.

Last edited:

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I submitted a ticket to our host so they can check whether there's something unusually wrong in the connections from Europe. I wasn't very active here of late, but some time ago, it seemed to me it ran less smoothly (from the Czech Republic) as well.
Great, thank you! I hope the problem can be solved (unless it really comes from my side but I doubt it).

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

The answer wasn't very telling.

Basically, the user who's experiencing these issues must perform a trace route & send a screenshot and I'm not sure I can ask any of you to do that... Though it's not really that hard, it's just about running a simple command in Windows. (they provide some link-tutorial)
Their answer dixit:
When you see this happening - please run a traceroute to the server or your domain [or both]. Chances are it's a transit provider between you and us. If we can identify which one we might be able to route around it but it depends heavily on where the issue actually lays.

We haven't had any server or network issues on our end and the server has averaged 64% idle today with no notable issues at all.

https://www.mddhosting.com/support/knowledgebase/1075/How-to-run-a-Traceroute.html
^the first step can be achieved also by pressing the keyboard combination WIN+R (WIN as the key between CTRL and ALT on the left)

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Thanks. I'm not sure how confidential this info is, so I'll send it to you by PM.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

In case the result disappears too quickly, then, in the command line (after hitting WIN+R ... or Start-> Run) write first: cmd _______(and hit ENTER)
Then a dedicated command line window opens. Inside THAT window, write: tracert latindiscussion.org

Like this, it won't close when done. Once the process finished completely, make a screenshot & send it! (in a PM)

On top of that, once you are in the black command line window (after typing CMD into the "Run command line), you can also write this command: ping latindiscussion.org
Once finished, make a screenshot & send!

Last edited:

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Okay thanks, I'll wait for it to start lagging again (it's okay right now).

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Sorry to be that guy who's always complaining, but here's a screenshot:

1667417575295.png

^this is how a lot of the threads look like for me. It started yesterday or the day before. For comparison, here's how it should look (same PC, browser, etc.):
1667417131390.png

I've tried to find a pattern (threads I've posted in vs. those where I haven't, etc.) but couldn't find any. The only thing I've noticed is that when I log off and browse the forums, everything looks normal, including threads that appear distorted when I'm logged in.

rothbard

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

[...]
I've tried to find a pattern (threads I've posted in vs. those where I haven't, etc.) but couldn't find any. The only thing I've noticed is that when I log off and browse the forums, everything looks normal, including threads that appear distorted when I'm logged in.
I'm afraid I can't help with technical issues - I have looked in the admin panel and couldn't find any unusual settings for your account, so the problem doesn't seem to be there. Does the problem still occur with a different browser?

kizolk

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I'm afraid I can't help with technical issues - I have looked in the admin panel and couldn't find any unusual settings for your account, so the problem doesn't seem to be there. Does the problem still occur with a different browser?
I should've tried that. It seems to work just fine with Edge, even when I'm logged in. Looking at the history, my problems may have started with a Firefox update on October 30. I'll see if I can downgrade maybe or find another fix. Thanks!