Everyone else is a craphat

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Bitmap dixit:
Sorry, what is a craphat?
Perhaps it is what a derby becomes when an individual is stranded in the desert with no, er, sanitizing tissue?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bobby0178

A Craphat is what somebody who is not a paratrooper is refered to by a para it refers to that they do not wear a maroon beret. I kind of understand the translation except for the vestituti part, could the phrase be shortened to something along the lines of "Ceteri pileis merdae sunt" ?

Thanks for your help so far

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

I don't sere how this can be translated into Latin - craphat is obviously exclusively English, with no connection to the military lingo of any other language. On top of that, there were no paratroopers in ancient days, and no word to refer to them.

I don't know if the meaning would be recognized by anyone in Latin.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Bitmap dixit:
you appear to know what a craphat is :(

alter has no plural
It does. It cannot be used like this, though.

Bitmap dixit:
yes, and without omnes
Why not omnes? It's not strictly necessary, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

B

Bitmap

Imber Ranae dixit:
Bitmap dixit:
yes, and without omnes
Why not omnes? It's not strictly necessary, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
ceteri by itself implies all the others already. Adding omnes would be pleonastic

Bobby0178

Craphat is in a sense just a wider spanning word for a Pouge whoe is somebody whos military duty does not involve combat sometimes referred to as Pogo or in swedish Malaj, the meaning of the phrase only has to be recognised as a translation from english to latin it would apearthat at the best of times translation betwen english and latin or the other way around is open to intepretation and does not always translate well I am simply after a reasonable translation to possibly use as a print on a t shirt for my platoon

Nikolaos dixit:
I don't sere how this can be translated into Latin - craphat is obviously exclusively English, with no connection to the military lingo of any other language. On top of that, there were no paratroopers in ancient days, and no word to refer to them.

I don't know if the meaning would be recognized by anyone in Latin.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Bitmap dixit:
ceteri by itself implies all the others already. Adding omnes would be pleonastic
There's nothing wrong with pleonasm. Sallust uses it.