DO NOT POST GOOGLE TRANSLATE (OR ANY OTHER MACHINE TRANSLATION)

LVXORD

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

dnecite was a complete accident.

LVXORD

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Since every one else is doing it, here's another example of Google Translate screwing up its job:

The man who has control over water, has the ability to give and take life and thus is a god.
To Chinese (Simp.): 谁拥有控水,有付出与收获生活的能力,因此,人是神。
To English: Who has control of water, have the ability to give and take life, therefore, man is God.
To Italian: Chi ha il controllo dell'acqua, hanno la capacità di dare e togliere la vita, dunque, l'uomo è Dio.
To English: Who has control of the water, have the ability to give and take life, therefore, man is God
To Icelandic: Hver hefur eftirlit með vatni, hafa getu til að gefa og taka líf, því maðurinn er Guð.
To English: Who monitors the water, have the ability to give and take life, because man is God.
To Spanish: ¿Quién controla el agua, tienen la capacidad de dar y quitar la vida, porque el hombre es Dios.
To English: Who controls the water, have the ability to give and take life, because man is God.
To Arabic:
من يسيطر على المياه، لديها القدرة على الأخذ والعطاء في الحياة، لأن الإنسان هو الله.
To English: Who controls the water, have the ability to give and take in life, because man is God.
To Zulu: Olawula amanzi, yiba nekhono ukunikeza uthathe ekuphileni, ngoba umuntu uNkulunkulu.
To English: Control of water, have the ability to give and take life, because the man of God.
To Latin: Imperium aquam dare posse animam, quia homo Dei.
To English: Controls the water to be able to give the soul, because a man of God.

The man who has control over water, has the ability to give and take life and thus is a god.
to
Controls the water to be able to give the soul, because a man of God.
It seems to handle simple sentences in a okay manner. Let's see how well it can to take a more challenging one:
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
To German: Lassen Sie keine Schulden ausstehen, mit Ausnahme der anhaltenden Schulden, einander zu lieben, denn wer liebt anderen hat das Gesetz erfüllt.
To English: Have no outstanding debts, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
To French: Pas avoir de dettes, si ce n'est de vous aimer les uns les autres, car celui qui aime les autres a accompli la loi.
To English: Have no debts, except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
To Italian: Non avere debiti, se non per amare gli uni gli altri, perché chi ama un altro ha adempiuto la legge.
To English: Do not have debts, except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
To Icelandic: Ekki hafa skuldir, nema að elska hver annan, því að sá, sem elskar annan, hefur uppfyllt lögmálið.
To English: Do not have debts, except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
To Chinese: 没有债务,除了彼此相爱,因为他谁爱另一个就完全了律法。
To English: No debt, except to love one another, because he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
To Punjabi: ਇਕ ਹੋਰ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਉਸ ਨੇ ਕਾਨੂੰਨ ਨੂੰ ਪੂਰਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ, ਕਿਉਕਿ, ਇੱਕ ਦੂਜੇ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਆਰ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ਕੋਈ ਕਰਜ਼ਾ,.
To English: Love for one another, that is to fulfill the law, because, except to love one another, no debt.
To Latin: Unus amor, hoc est legem implere, quod est, nisi ut ínvicem diligátis, non debeo.
To English: The single love, that is to fulfill the law, that is, but to love one, I ought not to.

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
to
The single love, that is to fulfill the law, that is, but to love one, I ought not to.
It seems Translate thinks polygamy is against the law but prefers it nonetheless...

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Cinefactus, should mods and myself snip out obvious machine translations in translation requests?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

It is a difficult question. I usually try to avoid altering any post. On the other hand I don't think it is a good idea to have the mistranslation archived by Google as then it can become 'truth'.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I know what it doesn't translate to:
"What you give is what you get".

You've already received a perfectly good translation of that phrase on this forum.
"quis vos tribuo est quis vos adepto" seems like some nonsense produced by a machine translator.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Oh, InterTran is back! That website is fun to play around with, but that's really all it's good for.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Pedicabo eam

I have put this here, because it is both hilarious and a horrible warning.

Rather than meaning f*** it, it actually means, "I will f*** her up the arse".

If you have tattooed yourself with this mistranslation, please feel free to upload a picture.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 08.33.31 .png

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Not really... You know this, I guess.

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

So, while watching a video on a cybersecurity contest, I noticed that one of the announcer's shirts had some Latin written on it...:vomit:
Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 10.45.46 PM.png

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I mean I'd imagine that's deliberately wrong as a parody of "all your base are belong to us"; the phrasings certainly look similar

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I could tell straight away that it was meant to mean that, but it seemed like the sort of garbage Google would produce so I figured I'd post it.