Confirmation: In the name of God I pray for the best of luck for you

AVGVSTA

Quantum superposition between future and antiquity
SALVETE
It was commencement at my school today, a time of great joys and griefs. I turned to leave my best friend(who is a year older and graduating) after a tight hug, muffled crying, and an exchange of "vale"s. Then on the stairs, I realised I forgot to wish him good luck in this final farewell. I ran back and said " In nomine dei precor tibi optimam fortunam", intending it to mean "in the name of God I pray for the best of luck for you"

Although my amicus did not learn Latin per se, he apparently understood optimam fortunam. In theory it wouldn't matter if the rest of the sentence is correct. (I didn't translate it to him) However, I would feel really guilty if the last words I said to a friend who changed my life like no other did would be mistaken grammatically or otherwise.

I can't go back in time to change what I said, but I crave to know whether In nomine dei precor tibi optimam fortunam would be a proper rendering of In the name of God I pray for the best of luck for you

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

Aw, that's really sad! Do make sure you stay in touch with them...
The sentence seems fine to me.
For in nōmine deī cf Zeno of Verona Tractātus 1.13, precor + acc. L&S I.δ, optimam fortūnam Tacitus Annals 15.17.

AVGVSTA

Quantum superposition between future and antiquity
Thank you so much! Knowing that the sentence is fine really meant a lot to me, and I did vow upon River Styx to stay in touch with the said friend